Meteocantabria is a Cantabrian Regional Government web portal, with services such as weekly weather forecast for the 102 cantabrian municipalities, meteorological condition observations in reference points, as well as specialized information regarding to maritime activity and active leisure in the coast and the mountain.
Predictia was hired for the initial development of the site, as well as for different evolutionary maintenance tasks since it went operative.
- Weekly municipality forecast
- Regional level forecast
- Meteorological station observations
- Satellite and RADAR observations
- Numerical weather forecast using the HIRLAM model
- Maritime, mountain and beach forecasts
- Lightning observations
- Ultraviolet radiation forecast and observations
Other informations integrated in the site:
- The ETL component uses scheduler framework Quartz, which allows us to define a set of jobs, and schedule the time to be triggered. Also the Spring Framework is used to take care of IOC and also as database access support. A control panel for the jobs was implemented using the Struts2 Framework, implementing the MVC pattern.
- The web comonent also uses Spring as well Struts2 as its MVC framework.
The web site has been well received by regional public and appeared in the press when it registered more than half million hits and 100.000 users in its first year of operation.
The forecast and climatic cantabrian portal, www.meteocantabria.es, has registered over 124.000 users in ten months. This web page, presented the 20h of July 2010 by the Cantabrian Ministry of Environment and AEMET, has registered over half million of page views in 2011.
More information about site access statistics.