Backend software engineer
Predictia is an IT company founded in 2008 specialized in the development of software for the management, post-processing and visualization of datasets in scientific sectors, mostly climate and health. Predictia offers solutions based on web technologies (including the development of web services and portals) for data access and/or online data analytics and post-processing. Predictia's activities keep a good balance between service provision and research activities, mainly in the framework of different international initiatives, which are a key driver of competitiveness for their products.
About the project
The Evaluation and Quality Control is a critical part of the Copernicus Climate Climate Change Service (C3S) programme and seeks to guarantee that the services meets the needs of a range of users for high-quality climate data and information
Predictia is participating, in collaboration with international research centres, in the development of a framework to evaluate the quality of the large number of datasets provided by the C3S (including observations and model simulations). It will also evaluate the quality of the processing tools and the infrastructure. The applicant will contribute to the implementation of different parts of this quality evaluation framework.
- Bachelor's Degree on computer science, physics or similar disciplines.
- Strong experience with python, Java and Linux.
- Fluent in English (spoken and written).
- Nice to have: knowledge of Geographical Information Systems and Geospatial data formats.
- The position will be located at Predictia's headquarters in Santander, a beautiful city in the north of Spain.
- Full-time contract with flexible hours.
- A good working environment and the possibility to collaborate with the most relevant climate research institutions in Europe (ECMWF or BSC).
- A competitive salary according to the scientific and technological level of the candidate.
Are you interested?
Send a full CV including contact details to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject "Ref=cop10".