Founded in 2008, Predictia is an IT company specialised in the development of software for dataset management, post-processing and visualisation in scientific sectors, mostly climate and health. Predictia offers web-based data solutions (including the development of web services and portals) for data access and/or online data analytics and post-processing. Our activities keep a good balance between service provision and research, mainly in the framework of different international initiatives, which are a key driver of competitiveness for our products.
Climate change is no longer a distant threat - it’s here and it’s impacting a wide variety of sectors, from water management to disaster prevention to agriculture or transportation, among many others. Although some efforts have been made in order to mitigate and adapt, we still need reliable projections of how the climate is going to evolve to further fine-tune our strategies.
Predictia has contributed to a set of international initiatives on climate change assessment and adaptation. For instance, we led the technical development of the IPCC AR6 Interactive Atlas and are currently involved in several projects for implementing climate data modelling and analysis tools for international consortiums.
- We’re seeking to employ an experienced (2+ years) Climate Data Scientist.
- You’ll be participating in a European project funded by Horizon Europe.The project studies the effects of climate change on human, animal and ecosystem health from the One Health perspective. Moreover, you will have the opportunity to contribute your expertise to a range of R&D projects in remote sensing, health or industry, depending on your interests.
- BS, MS or PhD in Data Science, Physics, Applied Mathematics or Computer Science.
- Geographical Information Systems tools.
- Python and libraries like Xarray.
- Experience with climate data formats like NetCDF.
- Machine Learning.
- Fluency in both spoken and written English (Level C1 or equivalent. Certificate not required).
- Excellent communication skills.
- Hybrid position (our office sits in Santander, Spain).
- Permanent, full-time contract.
- Flexible work schedule.
- Competitive salary (commensurate with the candidate’s experience).
How to apply
- Via email to firstname.lastname@example.org - Subject: JOP–EU–32.
- CV required.
- January 15th, 2024.