Science communication vacancy
Predictia is an IT company founded in 2008 specialized in the development of software for the management, post-processing and visualization of datasets in scientific sectors, mostly climate and health. Predictia offers solutions based on web technologies (including the development of web services and portals) for data access and/or online data analytics and post-processing. Predictia's activities keep a good balance between service provision and research activities, mainly in the framework of different international initiatives, which are a key driver of competitiveness for their products.
About the project
We have been involved in several Copernicus Climate Change Service (C3S) contracts in the last years. In the most recent one we are developing an innovative service for on-demand applying bias-adjustment techniques to climate projections. We are looking for a science communication expert to carry out communication and user engagement activities for this service.
The candidate will closely work with Predictia's engineers and climate scientists communicating user requirements coming from different engagement activities. He/she will present the service in different international climate conferences and workshops and will coordinate the elaboration of online and printed dissemination material.
- Any technical degree (Physics, Mathematics, Environmental science, Engineering, etc.).
- At least one year of experience in science communication (e.g. dissemination activities in EU-H2020 projects).
- Knowledge on climate and/or meteorology.
- Excellent communication skills in English.
- Very good public speaking skills.
- Willingness to travel.
- The position will be located at Predictia's headquarters in Santander.
- Full-time contract with flexible hours.
- 12-month contract renewable
- A competitive salary according to the experience of the candidate (from 26k€ to 36k€)
Are you interested?
Send a full CV including contact details to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject "Ref=cop15".