Do you use meteorological data and you want to visualize your data? datlas offers a customizable system to publish your data on the web and share them using the WMS standard.
You will be able to easily publish your model simulations using a predefined set of styles, defined specifically for meteorological variables visualization (raster data, meteograms, contours, streamlines, sky icons, clouds, etc.) and a system that allows automatic ingestion of new data.
Popular open source libraries such as Mapnik guarantees high performance while plotting your data in real time.
You can deploy datlas in your infrastructure or use it as a service. We will help you with the process of configuration of the visualization and data ingestion systems.
datlas is an integrated system for representing meteorological data. Being based in the WMS standard, datlas can be easily connected with any GIS. It provides a system for automatically provide new data using a simple API for file uploading). The system integrates a great variety of styles for representing meteorological information, such as:
- raster data plotting: many coordinate systems and projections are supported (it uses GDAL as data input) as well as automatic reprojection (using Proj.4. A number of filters can be applied on real time in order to create effects such as transparency, blur, smoothing , etc. This way we can conveniently plot variables such as cloud cover.
- contours: contours at certain levels can be computed using data post-processing
- streamlines: representing wind and current fluxes using an animation
- vectors y windbarbs
- sky icons: using a customizable set of rules
- meteogramas: completely customizables (see attached screenshot)
datlas has two key components:
- a map server that follows the WMS standard
- a GIS client that connects to the server and displays layers over a map
Both components are fully configurable from an easy to use interface.
This components were developed using libraries and tools such as:
- GDAL [+]: for data reading and post-processing.
- Mapnik [+]: as the main plotting tool.
- PostgreSQL [+]: as a storage for vectorial data.
- NetCDF [+]: as the predefined raster data format.
- Python [+]: as the auxiliary plotting tool.
- Spring [+]: as the base framework for backend development.
- LeafletJS [+]: as mapping library.
- D3.js [+]: as meteogram generation library.
What we offer
You can make use of datlas in two ways:
- integrated in your infrastructure: we can assist deploying datlas at your own infrastructure. Installation is very simple as it can be deployed as a Docker container. You will have access to the full source code (it's an open source system).
- from the cloud: if you don't want additional complications, you can use datlas as a service. We help you configure it and feed it with your data.
Either way, please contact us and we will be glad to search for the best approach for your problem.